Travelling and Theatre


NOW PLAYING: Life in Technicolor
ARTISTE: Coldplay
ALBUM: Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends

--------

I'm going for an overseas assignment beginning Monday. I'm going to an Indo China city with a group of people from other agencies. It's a four day trip. A boss told me about the assignment yesterday. Of course I am thrilled to bits. The weird thing is that I renewed my passport just three days ago. Macam tau tau je aku nak pi overseas, haha....

I read a theatre review for AirCon, a play staged at KLPAC last week. It's a piece written by singer/songwriter/human rights activist Shanon Shah. From Dennis Chua's review in Masa Selat Baru, AirCon sounds interesting. Hopefully, it would go on tour because I had no chance to see it. The thing is, I've spoken to Shanon once, five years ago when I needed a comment on a particular issue. One of my bosses, Fatimah referred me to Shanon. People were speaking praises of Shanon and his ability to speak his mind on human rights issues. I still remember that he was attached with Petshop at that time. Why am rambling on pasal dia, you may ask? Well I just added him as a friend on Facebook. I need all the help I can get with people like Shanon, considering I dabble in theatre.

Reading the stuff being written about AirCon, I couldn't help think it's almost like Kolej Sultan Abdul Hamid: elite school, all boys, white uniforms for prefects, etc. Hmm..kinda reminds me of my old school back home.
But I couldn't comment on the darn play if I have not watched it, kan?

On a whim, and fueled by my lurve for "le theatre", I created a facebook page for my latest theatre project, Goreng dan Kukus. I reckoned that since I could write, I might as well set up an online base for my theatre group. I spent damn near half the night putting up the FB page, which comes under my Groups. Bukan apa, it took a long time to write the synopsis of the play. And being a fucking perfectionist, I kept rewriting and cracking my head to make it as interesting as possible. I still feel the write up is a wee bit bland....so I hope to revise/rewrite it from time to time.

Ok lah, people. I need to go now. Balik rumah, mandi and makan. See ya!

Comments

Popular Posts