The Fasting Begins

Aiyo, I feel really bloated! That's what you get after having a BIG sahur and then sleeping.

The first night I had my sahur (pre-dawn meal), I went to the Nasmir mamak restaurant, near my house. Boy, was it crowded! People were lining up to buy nasi and by the time I got there was only burung puyoh and veges. No other lauk. It kinda resembled my hostel days, when we woke up for sahur in crowds and lined up at our dining hall. Everybody's hair would be messed up and their faces were so apparent- everyone looked like that just woke up.

So on teh second night of sahur, I learned my lesson. I tapau some food earlier and ate it later. Just wish I wouldn't fall asleep after sahur--can't help it! Maybe I could have a very light sahur. Or maybe have sahur before bedtime, like I did often last year.

But whatever it is, I wanna lose some pounds this Ramadan. As rappers would say: WORD to your mother...!

Comments

Popular Posts