It's October, so I think I'll list out the best songs of the year.....



Hooba, hooba: Hoobastank was more popular last year when they rode high with the beautiful 'The Reason' song. But 'Disappear' was played to death during Ramblinging's transfer this year.


BEST OF 2005:

Disappear- Hoobastank (This year, it was all about transfer, transfer, transfer. One of the songs I played often during my move.)


Mr Brightside- The Killers (There were three CDs in my car when it got stolen. My Eve 6 CD was stuck inside my stereo and taken away. The ones they left behind were Kylie Minogue's 'Ultimate Kylie' and The Killer's 'Hot Fuss'. Thank God. Obviously, the thieves had no taste in music. Heheh. I guess I am Mr Brightside......


You and Me - Lifehouse (Greybits, this is for you darling! Remember when we picked up her majesty from KL Sentral that night and listened to this song. Fuhhh..feelingnye lagu ni. The voice just serenades you to heaven and back.)


Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson (Another 'transfer' song. "I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly, I'll do what it takes till I touch the sky.." The desire to fly away has never been greater this year.


Boulevard of Broken Dreams- Green Day (Yahoo! The punk rockers from Californ-I-A came back with a bang this year, what with a hit album and this marvelous song. It's not just a typical rock ballad, it packs an emotional wallup. Listen to the final guitar goreng at the end of the track. Oh yeah, it was also one of the first songs I played when I first got Mikey.



Sugar, We're Goin' Down - Fall Out Boy ( The lyrics don't make sense! What does "I'll be your number one with a bullet, a loaded God-complex, cock it and pull it" mean? Aiyo very the violent content but the tune is too infectious to resist. My curent number one song)




We Belong Together- Mariah Carey (She was the number the top pop singer of the 90s, earning at least one number one single each year during that decade. She had it all: Grammy awards, platinum records and a filthy rich husband, who happened to be her boss at Sony Music. Then came the fall. Divorce, exhaustion and being booted from her new recording company. In 2005, the butterfly with the six-octave voice bounced back, and she stuck with the hip hop reinvention of herself. This song combines her ballad sensibilities with her new hip hop obsessions. Alls I gots to say is: The video, that dress, the older man playing the groom, it's all sooooo familiar. Right or not, ex-Mrs Tommy Matolla?)



Pieces of Me - Ashlee Simpson (The younger Simpson sister can take on the elder Jessica any day! She rocks, bares her soul in song and is playful on stage. Watch out for this young songwriter.)

Helena (So Long, Good Night)- My Chemical Romance (Rock music--love it. Dance--love it too. Contempo-classical dance in a rock music video?---BRILLIANT! I guess somebody beat me in being the first to combine the two.)

No Sleep Tonight- The Faders (I'd watch this video over and over again at home. Not since the Bangles and the Go-Go's have there been a rockin' all-girl band. Gosh, I wish all girls would pick up a guitar and make this world a better place.)



I Just Wanna Live - Good Charlotte (No, they are not punk rock! Wash out the eyeliner and dress them up in decent clothes and voila...they're normal human beings. They just wanna be! They just wanna live!)

Broken- Seether featuring Amy Lee (Almost forgot about this song. It's nice to hear Amy Lee's voice)

Your Beautiful - James Blunt (A late entry. Another favourite one when I'm driving.)

Special Mention:

Masih Aku Terasa - Gersang (The ultimate song during karaoke. I would always search for this one when I go karaoke-ing with friends. A ramblinging standard.)

Lonely No more- Rob Thomas (Jawa66, this one's for you. Lets sing this one loud and proud in your car later)

Julia- Exist ( Yang ni...org Kelate, you and I duet, canteeek!)


Relaku Pujuk - Spider (This one's for you, Kedah Boy, hehe)

Comments

Popular Posts