Previously on the crazy little blog-novel I call JAKE.....

After washing his face, he went back to bed, slowly, so that he wouldn't wake her up. He was about to sleep when she started wrapping her arms around him. All her floral scent was overcoming him again. She kissed his neck. He was half awake, the sun was shining through the curtains. He kissed her lips.


Hold me tighter you fool
the day is getting longer
This may be our last chance
so make it good, make it worth your while and mine
Take it all, you deserve it
I'll show you mine
Hold me tighter
tighter
kiss me more
Hold it deeper
I'm deeper
I'm deeper
Hold me tighter
Hold me tighter
I'll keep you in my arms


Jake checked out of the hotel just before lunchtime.


*******************************************************************




JAKE (part 13)

He slipped back home just after 2pm. He had grabbed a bite to eat at the French Quarter. He had some coffee and a beignet. It was the fucking afternoon, but hell he was going to treat it like breakfast.
Thoughts of lazing on the couch watching reruns of old sitcoms were erased when he got a call from his colleague, Ted.

"Jake, where the fuck have you been?"
"I was out all night. What to do?"
"Out all night? Man, I told you not to go to that new bar. It's full of coked-up women, man. And the drinks are all watered down. Who cares if the furniture is avant-garde? It's suppose to be the latest hangout spot in town but frankly it's all just hype, dude."
Jake was getting annoyed.
"Alright, alright! Obviously you're upset. The next time I go, I'll invite you."
"Bitch," said Ted, which was usually code that he was jealous that Jake got laid, or that the boss favoured Jake in some matter.
Today it was going to be the latter.
"Hey, the reason I called is that Fallon's announced his list of those covering the UN summit.
"Christ! Is that why you called me? It's my off day, thank you very much."
"You're on it, man. And you got full custody of the curtain raiser."
Jake managed a faint smile amid his lack-of-sleep face. While he was lying down on the couch talking to Ted, the words 'You're on it' put a sparkle in his eye and suddenly Jake was excited and standing up. Walking back and forth from his kitchen into the living room.
"Who else got it? No. Don't tell me. Susan, right? and Jack Bing! Am I right?"
"Who else knows the UN inside out. Plus they needed someone to blow Kofi Annan for the free trade zone story."
"You're fucking sick, you know that, Ted?"
"You're praises are flattering, Jake. But I'm telling you this could be the big break you needed. Once you're there, then there's nothing they won't do for you."

(to be continued)

Comments

Popular Posts